Minimalism in Logo Designs.
No matter how many logo trends come and go, there is on style keep popping up in the top. It is simple unique and high demanded. That is Minimalist Logo Designs.
How It Starts
- In the early 1900’s,when the infancy of modern business and branding times began, company logos weren’t fancy and they were just a quick way of communicating a brand name to consumers. Their were much details included also.
Take a look at the famous Apple Computers logo evolution.
- Early logos were usually more than the business’s name in a popular font of the time, sometimes encased in a simple geometric shape and some symbol also.
- But as consumerism rose and the fight for the customer picked up speed, companies began to put more brainpower into branding and the importance of customer recognition.
- This led some companies to adopt clunky, kitschy logos in attempts to set themselves apart.
- These logo designs are reminiscent of that picture of your mom from the 80’s with frizzy, permed hair and electric blue eyeshadow — an endearing blast from the past, but best that it’s evolved.
To keep up with the times, many companies eventually modernized their logos, which really means giving them a minimalist makeover.
Bringing Minimalism to Logo Designs
- Simplicity and the space are the key points.
NBC Logo – Graham and Herb Lubalin of Sudler & Hennessey designed a peacock for the NBC television network: an abstraction of an eleven-feathered peacock indicating richness in color. This brightly hued peacock, which NBC called the “Bird,” was adopted because of the increase in color programming.
- Should have the ability to take control and relate the logo design in to Brand Identity.
KFC Logo– The company name “Kentucky Fried Chicken” was altered to the abbreviation “KFC” from the early 1990s an attempt to retreat from the fatty connotation of the word “fried”. The KFC logo signifies the founder of KFC, Colonel Sanders. … In 1978, a new logo was introduced with a slight change of typeface.
- Can use geometric shapes to action.
Windows Logo – A flag of colors representing a stronger bond with earth via fire, water, flora and fauna.
The colors and flag have since been ditched in favor of just plain and simple windows.
- Using simple two-color combinations.
- Bold typography.
Benefits of Minimalist Logo Designs
- Easier to look at and remember.
- Minimalist designs are also more time- and cost-efficient.
- Tangible in both digital and physical mediums.
These designs might look easy, but minimalism is difficult in practice. It takes a lot of practice and experience to be able to design using a few elements in a clever way. Though it may be difficult, minimalism in these design is an extremely important element in your search for a strong brand.